Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:45:07 -0500
I've discovered that I cannot import GIF files into Microsoft Word 97 SR-1.
  The basic import file types such as JPG and BMP work OK.  When I try to
import a GIF, it does not show up in the list of graphic file types and
when I show All Files and attempt to import a GIF, I am shown the Convert
From box and GIF is not listed.

Office 97 Setup and MSInfo both claim that I have the import filter
installed and that the PNG import filter is also installed.  Checking the
\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt directory shows the
files exist.  I've run the reinstall Office 97 option in setup and also
deleted and reinstalled the graphics filters and this has had no effect.
I've not yet tried deleting Word or Office and re-installing as I would
prefer a short-cut method if possible.