Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Shyamal Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:02:20 +0500
At 07:12 AM 16-09-98 +0200, David Jonathan Justman wrote:
>I would like to change the icons on some of my shortcuts.
>1.  Where does Windows keep its icon collection, so I can see
>what my choices are?

If you are using Win95, you could right-click the desktop shortcut, click
on "Properties", click on "Shortcut", and, finally, click on "Change Icon".
This will open up options of various icons from Windows/System/shell32.dll.
You can also browse the other files mentioned by Kelly to view the
collection of icons.

>2.  How can I preview them before installing?

By this method you'll be able to view each of the icons.

>3.. Just for my general knowledge:  are ico files stored in some
>conventional graphics format, so that in principle they can be
>viewed on a generic viewer?  which format?

Icons are usually stored in 3 kinds of formats -- 2 of them are within .dll
and .exe files. These can be extracted for view and installation by Win95.

Or they can be plain .ico files. From the Start menu you could do a "Find"
of all .ico files and view them. And use them from
Properties-->Shortcut-->Change Icon.

Incidentally, if you change the extension of .bmp files to .ico, they would
do as well. Which actually means that .ico files are basically of the
bitmap format.

Regards.

Shyamal Gupta
25D, Selimpore Road, Calcutta 700 031. INDIA
Voice : 91-33-3440643
E-Mail : [log in to unmask]

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**