Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:16:08 -0800
On 12 Nov 2006 at 18:17, Bill Miller wrote:

> Which method would  be better. I don't care about saving any
> programs. I have the ones that I want in setup files on a
> external HD. I've read that upgrading WinMe is a hassle, compared
> to a full install. If I do a full install, which would be best,
> Full Version or OEM? I understand that full version is about
> double in price. Is it worth the difference? Would I have to do a
> reformat of the HD?

  A full install will get rid of any lurking crud that would survive an
upgrade install.  Go for it.

  It is not strictly necessary to reformat your drive, but there are
technical reasons why I prefer NTFS over FAT32.  (XP supports both, ME is
FAT only.)  So I would reformat for this reason.
  If you don't do an upgrade install, and you install XP to a new folder
without reformatting, you'll have a dual-boot system.  I don't recommend
that.

  There's no difference in *content* between a retail and OEM version.  The
OEM version is sold at a reduced price *with some restrictions*, and you are
not supposed to be able to purchase it without accompanying hardware.  It's
the exact same software.

David Gillett

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml