Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Computer9f <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:15:40 -0400
Norton (Symantec) had/has something similar, but I still had hours of work removing stuff left over in the registry, although I would certain BEGIN with the special uninstaller.  Just don't expect it to necessarily remove everything from the registry related to McAfee.  --AnnaSummers

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeffrey Ottie
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Removing Software

Original Message -----
From: "John Green" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 3:55 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Removing Software

I recently uninstalled my McAfee Internet security 2007 and switched to Zonalarm. McAfee did not completely uninstall, and I keep receiving alerts about McAfee Anti-Spam trying to contact the web. Would it be safe to use regedit and manually delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/McAfee and McAfee.com, then go to C:\Windows\Programs\McAfee then delete the remaining files? I know there are so many registry cleaners, however, I am too afraid to trust any of them as I have heard so much about some of them being malicious software. and to be totally honest, I do not believe any of the publications out there as I believe they are paid to say what is good and what is not good.

Good Evening John,

You are not alone as many people report having trouble completely removing some McAfee products like your McAfee Internet Security Suite 2007.

The good news is that the problem you're experiencing is common enough that McAfee has developed a special standalone uninstaller to help get the job done right .. it's called the 'McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool' and can be found at the link shown below along with instructions on how to use it to sucessfully to rid your machine of all McAfee related files and other detritus.

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Download the removal tool (MCPR.exe) here:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Watch a McAfee Flash video showing you how to do the job done right:
http://service.mcafee.com/faq/flash/107083-Flash_How_do_I_uninstall_using_MCPR.htm

AND,
As a backup in case the McAfee servers die and you just can't wait, you may download McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool 2.0.155.1 here:
http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

I trust you'll find this information and removal tool a useful aid in resolving your uninstallation blues. Give a shout should you have any questions that remain unanswered; otherwise please report back to the list membership on how you make out.

Kind Regards,
Jeffrey Ottie
North America

eom