From:
James Markellos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 16:43:23 -0500
I have a Pentium 120 system that has the following OS; MS Dos 5, Win 3.1, and Win 95 (upgrade). About once a year I clean up my hard drive and re-install my operating systems to get rid of all the junk. I recently purchased a full version Windows 95 disk so I could eliminate loading Dos 5 and Win 3.1 which are on 5 1/4" floppies. I also have two independent hard drives. I use one to experiment with and I leave the other one alone until I get one right, which is what I am doing now.
I have formated the drive using a boot disk and I think I installed my CD Rom   drive. I do get the D:\ prompt. However, my full version Windows 95 OS will not install. I am wondering if there is something in the BIOS that should be changed because the system was operated with Dos 5, Win 3.1, and Win 95 Upgrade.
Any assistance would be greatl
y appreciated.
Thank you
Jim
PS. I'm 74 years old and I am doing this to keep active. I could go out and get a new computer but I would like to try this. Later I intend to build my own computer (maybe). I would appreciate answers put in a way that a layman could follow, step by step if possible. Thanks again.