From:
Dan Deucalion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:45:26 -0500
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:26:50 -0500, Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There's still one more moving part, the PSU fan. Can you briefly stop it
>from spinning (say, with a toothpick?) at bootup just long enough to rule
>that out? Otherwise I'm thinking a capacitor on the MB is starting to act
>up. Have you left the case open and tried to listen during boot up to see if
>you can pinpoint the noise?

I swapped out the power supply so I know that wasn't the cause.  I remove the cover every time I boot up to try to zero in on the noise location.  So far, no luck.  How would I be able to tell if a capacitor is faulty ... and would it be possible for the problem only to exist for 90 seconds or so at boot up?

Dan