From:
Liz & Ray Hornung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:45:39 -0400
Hello again,

After much discouragement and mind mulling, I decided to remove the old
Thermaltake shim I've used for years off this new CPU.  I've several of
these and put them on each AMD machine I work on as a reassurance against
cracking the CPU die when installing the heatsink.

Are the dies thinner on the Mobile CPU's?  Appears the heatsink wasn't quite
getting the contact it needed although the thermal compound transferred to
it.

Now is cruises along at 46 Celsius working and 42 resting.

Running on a Epox 8K3a board at 166 X 12, POST says FSB is 333 (although the
CPU says on it 266, perhaps this is a funtion of the multiplier used?)

Using Corsair 512 MB DDR RAM 3200 (POST says 2700, highest the board will
accept)

Thanks for all your posts, I've learned a lot over the years!

Ray Hornung