From:
Oleg Panchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:26:00 +0200
Hello Paul,
1. Check if your mother board have buit in USB ports. It should
because BIOS indicates it.
2. Power on your PC, go to SETUP and check BIOS USB ports to be ENABLED.
2. Consult your mobo manual or see elsewhere to see the number and name
of your mobo manufacturers model.
3. Go to via web site and download drivers for your mobo.
4. Install via driver and reboot PC.
5. Connect your scanner and other peripheral equipment (printer,
etc.) to PC.
6. If problem remains and scanner is dead go to item 7.
7. Go to BIOS and disable USB onbooard ports.
8. Shut down PC.
9. Open PC cover and install external USB card.
10. Wait WinXp to load and install USB card driver.
11. If you donot have USB card driver go to its manufacturers site
 and download. Than repeat step 10.

 I recently installed external USB 2.0 card VIA TD USB20 6220 witch
 greatly supports USB 2.0. It was w/o any drivers supplied so I had
 to download it from via website, istalled it and got everything
 worked OK.  The reason to buy add-on card with additional USB ports
 was that I have 6 devices for USB ports (my mobo has only two
 built in).

 Best wishes,
 Oleg

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                          mailto:[log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml