From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:54:28 -0700
Norton AV is known to cause problems on some systems.  Try uninstalling
Norton AV to see if the problem goes away. This app has caused lots of
problems and conflicts with a number of other apps.  Not on all systems
obviously, but what can it hurt to uninstall it to see if that helps?

Everything is running fine and it boots up great. However, if I pick "Ignore
change and do nothing" then I can't scan at all. Norton AV closes. The only
reason that I'm concerned is that 1) I want to be able to scan for viruses
and 2) since the last scan I had problems with my network settings and had
to remove/add the dialup adapter and TCP/IP (also had a problem with MS Fax
and Windows Messaging (uninstalled and reinstalled both of those) and I was
wondering if those problems and what I did to fix them could have caused a
change to the boot record.

Robin