From:
Mark Tretter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:43:33 -0500
A couple of possibles could be the mainboard grounding out on the case, or a
suspect power supply as I didn't catch if this is a completely new build
with untested parts.  With a known good power supply connected to the
motherboard with a known good video card, you should see if you can get into
BIOS to eliminate the motherboard as the problem, then add in the rest of
the add in cards.  If it boots OK outside of the case with the rest of the
add in cards, it may be a stand off that is shorting out the mainboard or a
snug fit of the mainboard in the case that is flexing the mainboard and
causing it to ground out.  Also check the fan/heatsink/CPU assembly to
eliminate a mis-seated heatsink causing a thermal shutdown. HTH