From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:24:47 -0400
I have told a story before about a software problem I had
with a software modem that caused it to work off one hard
drive installation, and not another "clone" of the same drive
in the same system...
The second drive had damage to the Registry, or modem
drivers/software... (If the truth is told, I was trying some stuff
to see what broke... But only on the "spare" drive...)
It my case, the modem worked or not, depending on which
drive was installed...  Proof to me they can "look" real dead,
and be fine...  The same modem has been in use for quite a
while since...           Rick Glazier