From:
Louise Gainor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:05:51 -0400
If you are concerned about the security of your system (someone breaking
into it from outside), then by all means, use NTFS.  If not, then Fat32 is
fine.  If you go with NTFS you can always use the XP CD to reformat the disk
back to Fat32 if you want.

One physical hard drive is partitioned into the primary partition (where
your O/S goes and your computer primarily boots from) and then you create an
extended partition.  In the extended partition you can create several
logical drives and set the size of each one.  I prefer to set up my
partitions in fdisk, and then format them during the XP setup when it
displays the drives/partition information and asks where you want to install
the O/S.