From:
Joel Bluming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:11:37 -0400
Sounds to  me like your new partition on the hard drive is being assigned
a drive letter which conflicts with the drive letter assigned to the cd.
When a cd is in place NT assigns it a new drive letter but when not in
place a drive letter may not be assigned.  If my assumption is correct go
into NT Disk Administrator in the administrative tools submenu off the
start menu and assign the cd an higher drive letter. I keep all my cd
drives at the end of the alphbet (X,Y,Z) so as not to have a conflict
when installing addition hard drives or partitions

Joel Bluming
ICQ #5875120

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998 13:03:37 -0600 Gordon Tyler
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I dual boot Win95a & NT4.0 WS with SP3 installed on a SCSI system
>using Adaptec 2940UW controller on a PII-300, 128 MB RAM, with
>a 9 GB harddrive that does cross the 1024 cylinder limit. Cylinders
>1024-1106 are unformatted free space. System Commander 4.011 manages
>the booting.
>
>I recently reformatted the drive so that I could move programs out
>of the OS partitions: c:\ active primary; d: - j:\ logical in extended
>primary, all FAT16.
>
>Problem now is that I click on my cd drive letter in NT explorer & a
>window pops up: "K:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."
>
>Data cd will not run when inserted, but music cd will play fine. Data
>& music cd auto load & play in Win95 without problem.
>
>If I leave the data cd in the player & reboot into NT, the cd shows
>in explorer & is perfectly accessible without any problems.
>
>I've done all the troubleshooting my limited knowledge permits, so
>I'd really appreciate some guidance with this. Thanks.
>

>Gordon Tyler___________________________Department of Psychiatry
>out-pt group psychotherapy_______University of Alberta Hospital
>[log in to unmask], Alberta, Canada

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]