From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:35:20 -0500
Hi,

did you try turning off the on board USB, removing all USB Drivers and then
a fresh install of the USB 2.0 card?

At 07:10 PM 02/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been trying to install a USB 2.0 Card on my puter with XP Pro.
>I have an Abit KX7-333R motherboard with onboard USB 1.1.
>AMD XP 2100 Processor
>1034mb PC2700 Memory
>40 gig Maxtor ATA 133 Hard Drive
>DVD Drive, CDRW Drive, Iomega 250mb Zip drive and 1.44 Floppy
>WinFast 128mb DDR Video Card , Sound Blaster 5.1 Audio Card.
>
>Have SP1 patch installed, XP recognizes card and trys to install drivers
from XP.  Says that they are not the proper drivers. Have tried to install
drivers from Manufacturers disc and they seem to be the same as from
windows but will not recognize them either.  Have downloaded several
drivers from different locations and still no success. I know that
motherboard doesn't support 2.0, but XP should still recognize the PCI card
and let me install the drivers... Help, what do I do short of changing
motherboards to one that supports USB 2.0 ? Card is generic but with Orange
Micro Drivers and they are listed on the windows list....
>                                          Kenny
>
>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

God Bless America!

Joe Lore