From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 20:36:56 -0500
Dave Gillett wrote:

>   Notice that the power supply is enclosed in a metal box, labelled something
> like "No user serviceable parts inside".  As long as you stay outside that
> box, things won't get any more complicated than the two rules above.

  If the $10 3 inch box fan is what failed in the power supply then that
part can be easily replaced by a technician and save the price of a full
power supply. I have done many and had no problems...it is a simple tiny
Phillips screwdriver job. However, *Warning*...like monitors power
supplies have stored energy in capacitors and can knock you on your butt
if you get hold of them. So if you aren't trained in this procedure then
you should be safe and replace the entire unit yourself without getting
inside the components which can be hazardous.

All the best,

Russell Smith
http://camalott.com/~rssmith
mailto:[log in to unmask]