From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:51:11 -0700
  I'm a Canon fan.  Although the jets themselves are not in the ink
cartridges, they're on a removable head assembly that can be replaced
(slightly higher cost) as necessary.

  I have an older Canon inkjet attached to one of my machines -- not the one
I work on most often.  I had been getting by with copying files across the
network to that machine when I needed to print, always intending to set up
sharing of the printer, but hadn't got around to it.
  When I got a newer Canon printer, and attached it to my main workstation,
the installer told me "Another machine on your network is offering to share
a Canon printer of an older model (so I already know about drivers for that
model).  Would you like me to finalize the config so you can print to it?"
That's *cool*.

David Gillett

On 4 Apr 2006 at 12:51, Paul Hachmeyer wrote:

Date sent:      	Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:51:19 -0400
Send reply to:  	Personal Computer Hardware discussion List              <[log in to unmask]>
From:           	Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:        	[PCBUILD] photo-capable printer/scanner recommendations
To:             	[log in to unmask]

> I'm looking for recommendations for a printer/scanner for my kids'
> use.  My Epson CX-5200 and CX-5400 both developed clogged ink
> jets, out of warranty.  Attempts to clean jets on the CX-5200 have
> not been successful, so far.  My old HP855 keeps trucking along,
> great for color highlights for text, large volumes text printing,
> poor dpi for color prints.  Trying to keep the cost under $225.
> .
> Now considering Lexmark P4350 (1 tricolor and 1 black cartridge,
> both decent size cartridges), HP 3210 (5 small color cartridges
> plus black), HP 2575 (1 small tricolor and 1 small black
> cartridge), HP 2355 (1 small tricolor and 1 small black cartridge).
> .
> I lean towards the HP over Canon and Epson because they tend to
> have inkjets in the cartridges rather then a separate (non-user
> changeable) inkjets, and have had success in the past refilling
> the older cartridges.  No experience with Lexmark, Canon or others.
> .
> Any experiences or other recommendations would be appreciated!
>
>                          PCBUILD's List Owners:

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com