From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:26:25 -0400
I have written several messages about the SMC Barricade 7004ABR router/switchbox, and my computers logging in and logging out so that I can never count on being networked for file and printer sharing.  Today I installed the Linksys BEFSR41, ver.2, and without any configuration at all (my settings were already correct) I got on the Internet and the computers could see each other.  All the problems of the past 9 months, and two units from SMC, were because these units don't work.  One of those rare cases where it really isn't something you're doing wrong.  Thanks to all who made suggestions, and particularly to Doug for suggesting that I get the Linksys.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com