From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:38:39 -0500
> From: David Young <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: [PCBUILD] CD ROM for IBM 433dx33
> Date: Tuesday, July 21, 1998 3:57 PM
>
> I'm trying to install a sound card (SB 16 pro) in the subject. After the
> hookup I try to run the SB  software and it responds with something like
"
> no card installed". I am assuming that when the card is working an IDE
rom
> drive can be added. Any advice will be appreciated. Please respond to my
> address. Thanks in advance. David

You've not given us much information to go on here.  Please expand a bit on
this and we should be able to help.  Please respond to the group so we can
all see the details.

First we need to clarify exactly what sound card you are installing.  Is
this a Creative Soundblaster or a clone?  There was a "Soundblaster Pro"
and a "Soundblaster 16".  I'm not clear which model this might be from the
way you describe it.

Next we need to clarify what software you are using.  What operating system
are you using?  Which "SB software" are you running that gives you that
message ... the installation program?  What do you have the jumpers on the
card set to or is this a plug-and-play card?

I'm not sure what you mean by "adding an IDE rom drive" ... Do you mean
just adding it to your system or actually connecting it to the sound card
itself instead of another IDE controller?