Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:01:00 +0100
Hi, this is a follow up to a question I posted ages ago regarding my computer doing some really weird things. I remember someone else was having a similar problem, which is why I thought I'd tell them this:
The problems included: Mouse going mad and darting around the screen. Opening up programs, closing them down. Restarting the system. Deleting or running programs on it's own. Mouse not being detected occasionally. Keyboard not responding. (you name it, I think I had it)
I ran just about every antivirus I could think of.
I ran a trojan detector more than once.
I downloaded and ran adaware a few times.
I even reloaded windows.
(This problem wasn't always apparent, it seemed to come and go)
I really couldn't think of anything else to do, and then one day I fancied a change of mouse. My one was quite new, but I just wanted a change.
That was it! Problem solved! (I hope, anyway)
It hasn't happened since I changed the mouse, so I don't know if it was just a coincidence or what. Maybe the mouse wasn't compatible? I don't know, but so far,(fingers crossed), it hasn't happened for the past couple of weeks.
I just thought I'd wait for a couple of weeks before I post this, just to be sure, and so far I'm 99% sure the mouse caused most of the problems. It was fine to start with though.
I wanted to post this, mainly for that other person who was having similar problems not so long ago, because this could have cost me alot of time and money if I hadn't changed that mouse. Computers are strange things at times.
Hope this might help someone else out there.
Michele Sayer

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml