From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 04:31:43 +1000
Dean wrote:
>  They are quite expensive to replace for the measly amount of ink that is
> in them and
>considering that I do not copy in color.>>

If it's new, maybe HP are up to their old tricks again of selling new
printers with "demo" ink cartridges, which only gives you a fraction of a
full cartridge.

Bear in mind also that the number of pages they often quote for color is at
about 5% "coverage" if you read the small print. In other words the pages
advertised per cartridge are for text pages---photos may take 20 times more.

In my view, the printer industry is still rife with misleading advertising
which in some cases seems to fall just short of fraud. Another trick some
manufacturers indulge in is that the printer will tell you it's out of ink
when in fact there's plenty left. Are you sure it's empty? My Canon Pixma
has been running now for 6 months on "empty".

However, at the price of new printers now, I don't suppose we can really
complain too much. Poor HP have to make a profit somehow.

Of course, it's not wise to let the cartridge get completely empty as this
can result in dried out or clogged heads.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com