From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:19:20 -0500
Usually, when a player is unable to properly display a video, it is because
it lacks the proper codec for that video.  For example, is it possible that
you don't have something like DivX installed and the video you are trying to
view uses this codec?

If you were able to watch this video prior to the upgrade to WMV 11, perhaps
WMV has lost track of the codecs that are available on your system.  I'm
just speculating about that, and I'm not sure how to correct it, if this is
the case, other than reinstalling the extra codecs required by some media.

Hopefully, the issue you are up against is this simple, and not a problem
with the WMV installation.

John Sproule

________________________________
Original Message Below

Date:    Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:14:09 -0600
From:    Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Media Viewer 11  won't show pictures

Sometime recently I upgraded to Windows Media Viewer 11.

When I click on a .wmv file, the viewer starts up and the sound plays, but
the pictures do not show.  There is only a green rectangle in the viewing
area.

What settings do I have to change to make the pictures appear?  There
doesn't seem to be much to set.

Could this have anything to do with my upgrade to McAfee's &*$# "Total
Protection" suite?  Could it be blocking the pictures?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com