From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:56:49 -0400
Don't really know what are "special fans" but I will do my best to
answer what I think you question is. The key to keeping a CPU cool and
below maximum operating temperature is to get a fan~and~heatsink
combination that will dissipate more watts than the CPU will use.

Most high quality heatsink and fans specify their rating or at least
what type and speed CPU they can handle. If they did not, I would not
use them since without testing a unit, one will not know if it has
sufficient capability to keep the CPU cool enough. (other factors being
equal).

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663