From:
Ronald Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:42:21 +0000
Hello Again,
  I couldn't use the online ID tool you offered, as the computer in question isn't connected; but Everest tells me the motherboard is PCChips M747 RX-Pro made by Elitegroup cComputer Co. Will this help to trace the problem with the display Adapter not upgrading to 256 colors?

  Thanks,
  Ron

Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Original post (clipped)

<<<

Sent : Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:49 AM
To : [log in to unmask]
Subject : [PCBUILD] display adapter upgrade from 16 to 256 colors

The system was built in 1998 with 350Mhz, Pentium I, SiS5600 board, 8+gig
s HDD, and 64Mg memory. Formerly, this OS behaved well on this computer>>>>>

<<

Sent : Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:31 AM
To : [log in to unmask]

downloading
several drivers from driverguide.com specific to the silicon motion lynx display
adapter which Belarc says is in my computer

Hi,

(1) SiS 5600 board..... as far as i can see this refers to "silicon integrated systems " chipset which is present in your motherboard which in turn could be a very different manufacturer. pl see the following link

http://tinyurl.com/29deuc

(2)<<>> hereagain i wish you had mentioned the name/model/manufacturer of your motherboard.

(3)in any case the following link has an online identyfying tool and i think it will be worthwhile to try this and proceed further.

http://tinyurl.com/bq37n

HTH and very good luck---Venkat

Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
http://freepctech.com