From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:11:27 -0800
Hi Mike,

The usual troubleshooting procedure is to disconnect everything except for
the bare minimum. Motherboard with CPU, memory, video card, and power
supply. Disconnect all other cards and peripherals including disks.

Make sure all the case connections are correct, particularly the power and
reset switches. Make sure all the power supply connectors are in their
proper place and seated completely. Note that most current motherboard have
two power connection, the 20 or 24 pin main power, and a 4 or 8 pin
auxilliary power. Make sure both are connected.

One thing that happened to me once was that the power supply came shipped in
the 220V setting. In the US, all power is 120, so it did not work until I
slid the power supply switch to the 110 side.

Another thing that happens sometimes is when mounted in the case, something
gets shorted to the case. If the above fails, try removing the MB from the
case and setting on something non-conductive (like a piece of cardboard),
connecting the minimum up to it and trying to turn it on.

Reply back if this still does not work.

Russ Poffenberger