From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 14:06:07 -0500
I hope that what you feel is a shock from static electricity!  You
may have generated it by walking across the carpet or it might
be generated by the computer.   Find out which.  I once had a
computer that beeped when I cleaned the monitor screen with
a tissue; somehow the static electricity generated rf or actual
current that worked it's way back to the mb.

This static shock is probably harming your computer a little
at a time.  At the least, you should ground yourself (touch some
grounded metal, such as the computer case) before you
touch the mouse again.  Even better, you need to solve the
source of static electricity.  I am not an expert on this, but there
may be anti-static sprays for carpet or grounding pads to
stand on (plastic things that sit on the floor under your desk).

Dean Kukral [log in to unmask]