Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:30:39 -0400
At 01:32 PM 9/14/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Anyway, I've only connected the board, chip, fans, and memory.
>
>It powers on for about 2-3 seconds before shutting off.

attached HD's or Floppy. He may be right about the RAM being the culprit.
Did you purchase them together as a kit, or did you look for the best price
for each separately? When it comes to the MB, Processor and Mem... it's
best to get them from the same place and as a kit. This insures that they
are compatible with each other. Another cause could be heat, (although 2-3
seconds seems a little soon for that). Check to see if you have a good
"union" between the processor and heat sink, using a good heat transfer
compound. Try to stay away from heat tape, as it eventually gets brittle
and loses it's effectiveness. Anyway... check the MB manual for the type of
RAM that's compatible with the board and make sure what you bought will
work. If nothing else, you may have to buy different RAM.

Volkard Linke

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml