From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:06:57 -0800
On 21 Aug 98 at 11:00, John Haymes wrote:

> I have on older 486 with 20 Mb ram, a floppy, and a clean hard
> drive, but no CD.  Can you advise which files I require to boot to
> DOS and access my MS network so that I can get to one of the CD
> drives on another machine.  I have Intel network cards and the
> drivers on floppy for them.

  Although I know Microsoft offered some kind of "Workgroup Add-On
Pack" for DOS 6.x, in general I don't think DOS and networking go
together very well.
  This is, however, one of my favourite uses for the parallel-port
Zip drive.  I have copied the OSR2 CD to a zip disk, and have a DOS
6.22 boot diskette with the Zip drivers loaded....

David G