From:
David Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 19:31:02 -0600
Hi All,

For those of you who have been trying to help with my problem this is an
update.  I replaced the mobo only to find myself in a worse situation than
before. BTW, thanks to all of you who helped with uninstall and install
directions, I printed them and had no problem at all.  But, now with the
new mobo I still only had the monitor test, still couldn't get to the DOS
screen and on top of that now I no longer had the fans and lights.  I
suppose tech support at the site I ordered the mobo could have helped but
the help number is in Taiwan.  All this was Friday and it looked like
another weekend without that computer and a long ordeal afterward figuring
out the problems via email with their tech support.

I finally took it in to a shop.  He said there was probably nothing wrong
with the mobo I took out (except it was a joke with it's dual bios when you
can't get either to boot).

He said  when my wife and grandson both hit shutdown buttons it created a
power surge and the first thing that was hit was the processor.  He told me
after I took everything out I should have been hearing it beep like
crazy.  I'm sure that clue would have helped techs on this board know it
was the processor.

He replaced the processor and now my wife isn't up and running because I
have the bios all screwed up and I went to bed.

So, can anyone help with the BIOS setup on an ASUS mobo with Award
BIOS.  The floppy drive is not accessing, but the light stays on all the
time.  I also cannot access the CD-ROM drives.  I am going to set the BIOS
back to the defaults and start over, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David Gordon
Digital Data
768 E Hwy 66 2D