From:
Colin Swabey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 23:25:59 +1300
> I was working with a fellow today trying to fix his computer and in
> the BIOS screen it is coming up as a Pentium II 133 Mhz ? (something

I've seen this happen before where the user had been messing around with the
CPU clock settings. On some motherboards this is done in the BIOS and other
via jumpers. The problem result from the Pentium II being effectively hard
wired to a particular clock speed. If you change the it back to the rated
speed for the CPU, you'll probably find everything works again.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html