From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 10:07:54 -0400
When you say "it" locks up, is "it" the OS (which OS are you running) that freezes up, or is "it" the drive that locks up?  If it is the drive, how do you know that "it" is locked up?  I have seen a lot of posts here that Fujitsu drives are bad and should be avoided.  Have you gone into your BIOS to check on the settings related to this drive?  Have you run a Scandisk thorough test to see if there are bad sectors on the drive?  Have you downloaded the Fujitsu utilities from www.fujitsu.com to test the drive? The drive could be failing, but the symptoms indicate some other possibilities.  Can you borrow a working drive with the same OS as you're running to see if the same thing occurs?