Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:42:47 -0000
Hi Michelle

Many thanks for your reply but I can't do a scandisk in the normal way.
I click on My Computer
I highlight C; drive
I click on File I scroll to Properties
The Fatal Exception screen comes up and reads as follows.

Fatal Exception 06 has occurred at 0028 : 0000017 Press any key
to terminate the current application.
Press CTRL-ALT to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved
information on all applications.
Press any key to continue.

I press any key and everything reverts back to the desktop.
The only way I have found to do a scan is to
Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/scandisk.
It took best part of an afternoon to scan and clean up. I rebooted and
still the FE screen is there.

Dorothy Jones

  Hi,
  I would begin by running a thorough scandisk and tick (or
check) 'fix =3D all
  errors.
  Hopefully, if there is a problem, this might remedy it, or at
least =3D note a
  possible bad sector.
<<<

-