From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:56:00 -0500
Before you get too deep into your Win 98 upgrade, consider doing a clean install of Win 98 from the upgrade CD.  Use your Win 98 floppy to do a reformat, and when the upgrade asks you for proof of Win 95, just remove the Win 98 upgrade disk and stick your Win 95 disk in there.  Follow the instructions and you'll get a full clean install absent all the 16 bit detritus left behind when you just upgrade Win 95.  It will save you all kinds of annoying things down the line because of all the leftover Win 95 files.  Yes, you can do a full clean install off the upgrade CD.

>I would like to thank everyone who assisted me in installing Windows 95.
>It was very much appreciated.
>I never did get Windows 95 operational. Maybe because the drive is an 80GB drive.
> However, I was able to install Windows 98 upgrade over Windows 95, and the system works perfectly.
>Again, thank you for your assistance, effort, and concern.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com