From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:54:05 -0500
I'm wokring on a Pentium 4 motherboard, socket 478, 2.40ghz. The memory is 1024mb (I think it's DDRmemory). Either way I've tried installing several different versions of Windows to the new hard drive. However, just as installation is about to complete, the terrible blue screen appears giving me a message about the memory being dumped & that if I can go into the bios to disable the "memory dumping", then installation will thoroughly complete.

Soooooo . . ..  I was wondering if anyone knew a good dos software or program I could use on floppy to disable the dumping of the memory? I've already gone into the Bios to see if I could make the modifications, but unfortunately it doesn't allow me to change caching or the memory dumping. I'm trying to prevent from having to tell this person they will need to get new memory sticks for their board because they recently just bought a new Western Digital 300gb hd. I honestly believe there's a way I can work around this memory thing til I get the system up then I can go from there with updating all the hardware with this other software I have.

If anyone knows give me a heads-up on the link to download the dos program. & yes the system is slightly old (as far as the board)but Gateway does have the serial number of this particular model on their site, just not any hardware updates for the board.

Thanks A Million . . ..

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com