From:
Edward Dever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:14:40 EDT
I have a problem that I hope someone couls privately email me about. Prior to
a stroke 3 years ago I used to build pcs-and knew most of the tricks in
getting one going but my memory is not that good any more.

The Computer:
Compaq DeskPro XL 590
Pentium 90
16 mb ram
510 mb hd
Matrox Millenium Video Card
Bose 14.4 Modem
Bose sound card

The problem:
A friend brought this to me to look at, as he wanted  to use this at his
small (35 member) church for word processing, etc. When I booted up the
computer up-it asked for a system disk. I inserted a win 95 OEM disk and got
it to the A: prompt.
I then used fdisk to find out how it was partioned and it was one partition
for fat 16.

I would like to load the Win 95 OEM cd-rom that I have in that system.
Problem is I cant tell what type of cd-rom it has and cant find any specific
info on the compaq web site for this, or any of the drivers for that matter.
I also have no clue as how to access the Bios. I know that there is a generic
 cd-rom driver on the nospin web site, but like I said its been so long since
Ive done any of this, its like greek to me.

Any help or advice that anyone could give me would be appreciated by me, and
Im sure the church.

TIA

Ed Dever

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: