From:
Amy Ledford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:52:59 -0800
My friend has a question...she works for a man out of his (rather large) home...and from his office she has an intermittent wireless connection. The Boss bought a new laptop and got a free (after rebate) wireless router. To my knowledge the home is not wired for Cat-5, so is it possible to connect 2 wireless routers, with one DSL modem? If so, how? I don't know what the name of the new router is, the existing one is Netgear...My advice was to use powerline adapters to make a cable connection via the electrical wiring, or to have the home wired for ethernet (cat-5).I also told her about HPNA adapters, but that the wireless router, probably will not support it. The office was added after the home was built and bought...It is sort of detached, not sure how you would actually describe it...However the office and the house have the same phone line and the same electrical wiring, as far as we know. Appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Amy Ledford

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com