From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:33:00 -0700
  (I was about your age when I first got interested in computers....)

  The most common (not the only) reason for a PC to issue a beep code
like this is that it can't find a video card and so has no way to
display a screen message.  Add to that the monitor not getting a signal,
and I'd say the "most likely failing hardware" is the video card.

  It may not have actually failed.  It used to be fairly common, if you
moved a machine, for a card (often the video card, for whatever reason)
to come part way out of its slot so that not all of the contacts were
reaching their corresponding circuits on the motherboard.  So the first
thing I would do is make sure all of the expansion cards are fully
inserted into their slots, and while you are at it determine what kind
of video slot your system has -- if you need to buy a new video card,
you'll want it to fit.
  There's probably nothing wrong with your monitor, so you'll probably
want a video card that can work with it -- here again there are
different cable standards although many cards and monitors support the
two or three most common, so getting them to work together can be
simpler than it once was.

David Gillett