From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:55:31 -0400
Two suggestions.

First, it sounds like your hard drive is going to sleep, (don't work it
so hard <G>). Also know as powering down, i.e. it stops spinning under
the power management program. This is enabled/disabled and the time set
in Power Management settings of Win9x and/or your BIOS. The first blink
is trying to accesses an non-spinning hard drive, the delay is the hard
drive spinning up, then after up to speed, it is accessed for the data.

Second possibility is that Fast Find from MS Office is running and
slowing down the process but the way you described the lights on the
hard drive, I do not think so. I would opt for the first.

There probably 100s of possibilities, but based on the symptoms you
described I would think one of the two above.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast, Reliable, Wallet-Friendly

From:   ehundrieser[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

When clicking on an icon in Quick Launch (right of Start button),
my HD light goes through it's usual flicker and then stops
completely for about 7-10 seconds before flickering again and
then opens the application (IE5, or Outlook Express, etc.).

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html