From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:16:50 -0700
I started out with 2 megs of RAM. Then over many years with various
computers and operating systems I went to 4 ,8,12, 16, 48, 64,80, 96, 128,
250 At every stage up to 128 I noticed the difference. No question about it.

A few months ago i had an extra 128 P 100 DIMM so I plugged it into this PC
increasing RAM to 256 megs. This is a Abit BE6 revision 2 with a Celeron
366 > 541. This is my game PC and has a TNT2 ULTRA in it. I have noticed no
difference between 128 to 256....no difference at all.

The long held rule in computing is that you can never have too much RAM.
However, I have come to the conclusion that unless you are doing video
editing, you have a busy server, are a data base developer, CAD or Graphic
professional who routinely loads huge 128 meg plus graphic files or have
some other kind of serious professional scientific or engineering use then
adding RAM above 128 is probably superfluous.