Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:36:27 -0800
Sissy,
They usually start over again, because something is running in the
background.  You probably have a program running continuously, like
anti-virus, firewall etc.  Each time that program does a scan or checks
anything, it disrupts the defrag or scan disk, and it will start over.  You
need to right-click on each item in the system tray and exit each of those
programs.  ( Bottom right-hand side of screen.)  Stay offline while you do
this, so you won't have to worry about security while those programs are
disabled.  Then, when you restart your computer, they will come back.
Carol Hanson

> Hi There!
>
> On the Compaq computer, using Windows ME, I'm unable to run a thorough
> Scan Disk or do a Defrag on it. It just keeps starting over and over
> again. This computer also locks up a lot--many times a day. What could be
> causing this? And, is there anything I can do to help it?
>
> Thanks so much for your replies. I appreciate the helpfulness of this
> group!
>
> Sissy

---

                     visit our download web page at: