From:
"Bruce D. Bridson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 07:48:01 -0500
I have a Compaq Presario 5020. I recently found out that my 8GB hard drive is going bad, it has a large chunk of its total size in bad sectors, even after several attempts of reformatting. I went out and purchased a new Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 30 GB Hard drive.  Before I begin replacing it I was wondering what steps I should take?  I want to install either Windows 98SE or Windows ME, not sure which one is better? and I wanted to do it without using the system restore cd that came with my computer if at all possible the cd has windows 98 on it.  I am currently using the computer but I cant rely on it not falling soon.  What drivers will I need? can this be done? what other steps will I need to do inorder to make this process as painless as possible?  Thanks