From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:29:11 -0400
After booting from the floppy, try the command
c:\windows\command\sys a: c:

This will copy the diskette's boot files to the harddisk.
It should fail if the diskette is not the same version of
windows, but it helps to check that it is before attempting
it.  Try the command
ver

to see what version of windows was used to make the diskette
bootable.

You could also check using the fdisk command to make sure
your hard disk primary partition is set to active.
Tom Turak