From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:34:30 -0700
On 13 Aug 99, at 17:31, Tonia Sams wrote:

> I have a new PII Procomp motherboard, and can find very little out about
> it.  Manual says "V/A VT82C691 AGP set    ISA/PCI/AGP Motherboard..   where
> can I find out more, like which USB port is A and which is B, etc..?

  Is this your board?

http://www.procompusainc.com/webdocs/B782.htm
http://www.procomp.com.tw/b782.html

[B783 looks very similar, but perhaps without on-board sound.]

[Under "System Chipset", it spells it "V/A" as you have done, which
approximates what the logo looks like, but in the description immediately
under the photo (procompusainc page), it's spelled "VIA", which is the actual
name of the company.]

  This is the first SLot 1 motherboard I've seen using a non-Intel chipset.
But there's a whole page of them, all using this VIA "Apollo Pro", at

http://www.viatech.com/support/partnerspro.htm

  It seems to me that the assignment of USB ports is going to be standard
amongst ATX form factor boards using that port arrangement (the most
common!), but I cannot seem to find that information.

David G

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org