From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:38:36 -0400
> Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the right & left arrow keys
on a keyboard?  We are using a software program that will crash if you use
either one of these keys and the operators can't keep there hands off of
them.

    Although I am sure there are software solutions out there, the easiest
way is to physically disable the keys in question.The most popular method is
to insert some type of washer between the board and the key which results in
one being unable to physically press the key down. Another method which I
believe is more reliable is to open to keyboard and place an insulator
between the circuit board and the black conductive pad attached to the key.
Unfortunately this method on works on keyboards using this type of
construction, some keyboards use a microswitch for every key and obviously
this method will not work. Hope this helped, TTYL

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html