From:
jokester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 09:53:02 -0600
As I do not use Mcafee at all, I would not know what directory Scanreg is
in.  Having had a lot of experience with the dos command structure, a very
easy way to do this would be the following..

When you get to the command prompt as some people have shown you how to do,
then type:

cd\     (This will get you to the root directory of C)

then type:
dir scanreg*.* /s /A:HS /p

this will show you where the file is. Then you can use the commands in the
previous emails to navigate to the specified directory.

So for instance, if I wanted to get to a specific directory like
(windows\system32\Macromed\Flash) from the root of C I would type:

'c:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash'  (changing the single quotes to double
quotes)

Then I could run the appropriate file.

HTH

Sam

At 01:36 AM 05 22, 2008, you wrote:
>Jeffrey wrote:
>>I will await for your next instructions.>>
>

>When you get to the line *C:\Windows> displayed,---- type "cd system",
>then "enter" and see if that folder comes up. If not, try system32. If you
>get either (try both) then type scanreg and enter.
>
>Don Penlington

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com