From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:22:49 -0800
Hi Lewis,

I assume this is Internet Explorer?

If so, you can customize toolbars (or even hide whole toolbars). First
thing to check is to make sure the standard toolbar is being shown, click
"View -> Toolbars" and make sure that "Standard Toolbar" is checked.

If it is, then maybe just the "back" button got removed. Click on "View ->
Toolbars -> Customize". You will see two panes, the right hand pane shows
the current buttons on the toolbar. If "Back" is not listed, then locate it
in the left pane, click it, and click "Add ->". You can close the
"Customize Toolbar" dialog.

HTH,
Russ Poffenberger

At 11:20 AM 11/21/2005, you wrote:
>What I call the "Back Button" (at the upper left of the screen) which
>takes you back to the previous page has mysteriously disappeared.
>Sometimes I can right click and get a drop-down menu that let's me go
>back, but how can I recover the normal back button?
>
>Lewis Emerson

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml