From:
Marilyn Leathers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:24:14 -0700
All,
     A missing hal.dll is a serious error. For the last two days, I
have been troubleshooting this problem. We could boot system up in Linux and see the files but could not boot into Windows and see the files. As I have said
the pc belonged to a friend so I asked the friend where was the original
software. He did not have the software. The system is a Sony Viao.  I
called Sony and Sony is mailing my friend the media for Windows XP Media
Center. For those who do not know what a hal.dll file does: The file hal.dll,
is required for windows to operate. It is used by windows when
communicating with your computer's harware. It acts as a translator between windows and your hardware, so that the same windows 'commands' can be executed on
hardware manufactured by a variety of different vendors. If hal.dll is
unavailable, windows will not function correctly.
    I will let the group know the outcome of trying to repair the install
using recovery from theWindows XP Media Center software.

    Marilyn

http://mail.yahoo.com

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com