From:
"Paul M. Feldman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:40:56 -0500
I have a simple peer to peer network between 4 computers, 3 of which are
running XP Pro with the 4th using Win98SE.

The problem that I am experiencing only occurs on 1 computer.  On rebooting
or start up, the other 3 all "see" their networked cousins.  Only one
machine will not "see" the other drives on the 3 other machines.  I am using
a router to handle the traffic between all 4 computers as well as allow a
DSL internet connection.  After perhaps 2 or 3 minutes, the non compliant
machine allows an internet connection as well as e-mail capabilities.  The
other boxes "see" their peers on the network and allow immediate DSL
connectivity.

The computer that is not performing must have this little 3 minute period of
reflection, and them emails and internet communication is possible.  I simply
click on the otherwise inaccessible computers/logical volumes and all works
well, until the next shut down/re-boot.

What am I doing wrong?

Any suggestions, anyone.

Thanks.