From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:26:49 -0500
I went with the majority and inserted the RAM
in the back slot.

Unfortunately, at this point the computer will
not POST.

The components are Asus A7N8X-X board,
Athlon XP-M 2400+, 512MB RAM in a new
Enermax EG365P-VD case & power supply.

When power is switched on the back of the
power supply, an LED on the board turns on
but the power supply fan does not start up.
When the ATX power button on the front of
the case is pressed (the leads from the button
are attached to the board), the fan starts up
and runs for about 5 or 6 seconds and then
turns off. While the fan is turning the 3 keyboard
lights do flash on and off.

Does this description suggest what might be
wrong?

I haven't attached a HDrive but shouldnt the
computer POST without a harddrive?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Eisenstadt

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL