From:
Tom Sykora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:18:21 -0500
Frank wrote:
I'm considering the following mobo's for
a home-built system:
Asus A7V333  snip

I just ordered the components for my next system and ended up with the ASUS
A7S333.  The reason I picked this board is because it is cheaper than
the  V yet still retains the built in thermal CPU protection. I could
barely find any reviews after exhaustive searching on the S model using the
sis 735 chipset, but searching google for issues, problems etc, turned up
very little.  I am not into over clocking, but if I were, I would have
spent the extra money and ordered   the  V version.

MaximumPC magazine gave the V333 a glowing, "kickass" review, and the V
also has the built in thermal protection.  I should be getting the
components this week :)
For what its worth, check out the following URL at motherboards.org, that
shows their hierarchy of boards, with the A7v333 at the top of the chart:
http://www.motherboards.org/rank/AMD/total/motherboard-rank.html

Regards,
Tom Sykora

                     visit our download web page at: