From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:28:59 -0700
  My current main system is in an Antec case.  I was attracted by the
large number of drive bays:  5x 5-1/4" and 1x 3-1/2" externally
accessible, and 8x 3-1/2" internal.
  Unfortunately, of the internal bays, half are below the front bays,
and were running into the RAM DIMMs sticking up from my motherboard,
so I had to take them out.  The other four are in back, above the
power supply, and I couldn't reach them from the IDE connectors on
the motherboard.
  It works fine as an all-SCSI system, and I'm really not unhappy
with it -- it just didn't quite work out the way I had in mind when I
bought it.

David Gillett

On 29 Apr 2002, at 20:41, Jerry Heston wrote:

> I'm a big fan of Antec cases.  My last 3 computers were built using them.
>

> > I've decided it's time to build a Athlon system.  I've been to a number a
> > sites including the pcpower........... site and read the speel about the
> > necessity for quality power supply + case, however I'm not planning to
> build
> > a power computer rather one for "family" use.  Today Best Buy Has a 300W
> > Antec case for sale for $60.  The pcpower.............. equivalent at 300W
> > is ~$130.  Is the Antec setup that much worse for what I plan to do?   I
> > don't mind spending the extra $70 if it really buys me stability vs. hype.
> >
> > Bob Warasila
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com